Monday, November 28, 2011

What’s My Learning Style

After taking the "Learning Styles Questionnaire" I found out what I already knew- I am basically a well-balanced individual!! Well Kind of, I am definitely a visual learner (scoring a 9) which wasn't a surprise!  But I'm well-balanced everywhere else!!

Knowing the different learning styles is important, especially the styles you aren't.  It is easy to forget those styles that don't work for us.  If a child just isn't getting something the rest of the class has and you've gone over it and over it.  You start thinking "what am I going to do now-aaahhhhhh!"  Trying a different approach may be just the trick, know the different approaches is crucial.  Having a lesson that incorporates many learning styles at once is usually the most effective, I know it is when I'm trying to learn something.  For example: having your class read a story, then drawing pictures of the scenery, then using the scenery and acting it out as you reread the story; this covers many learning styles at once.  And hopefully leaves no one behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment